Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

1. Widening: Walking from Hiking (I once heard someone define hiking as “walking where you can pee”, lol.)

2. Cross-classificational narrowing: Wood-burning camp stove from stove (two different intersecting additional classifications)

Participant

Mike had suggested the class forum as a way for auditors to submit assignments.  This was a test.  For some reason it would not work while the live class was in session (or at least while I was logged in).  As soon as the class session ended, I was able to submit the forum topic.

Participant

I think hiking is just a long walk, so I wouldn’t agree with the widening.

Wood-burning camp stove sounds overwhelming, but I don’t see anything that appears wrong with it immediately

Participant

I thought of hiking as a specific form of walking – i.e. walking out in the woods or mountains.

But this was not my entire example – I had trouble submitting it, and in this iteration, I left out the real widening:

Exercise from Walking   (I thought if it while out hiking, so it started off as walking from hiking)

Participant

Sounds reasonable (especially, if you also include weight lifting, biking, swimming with walking)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.