Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Dear students and auditors,

Welcome. This is an initial communication to orient you to the Objectivist Logic course, which begins next week. I look forward to meeting you all during the course.

Course Website and Live Classes
      Please visit the course website now to ensure you can access it and to review the material there, which includes the link to join the live classes on Zoom. If you have difficulty accessing the course site, contact university@aynrand.org.

Live classes take place on Mondays and Wednesdays, 9:00 – 10:15 am Pacific Time, beginning on April 17. I strongly encourage you to attend live for the best experience. However, the ARU administration will post recordings of live classes on the course website and the ARU App/ARI Campus usually within an hour or two after the conclusion of each live class.

A syllabus will be available at the course website by the first class.

Course Textbook and First Reading
      Our main textbook is my own How We Know: Epistemology on an Objectivist Foundation, focusing on the chapters concerning logic. A free PDF of this text is available at the course website; or you may purchase an ebook or paperback from Amazon and other major retailers.

In addition, we will read Chapter 4 of Objectivism: The Philosophy of Ayn Rand, by Leonard Peikoff.

For the first class, please read How We Know, pp. 191-196.

Schedule and Content Overview
      A schedule of live classes and an outline of the course topics are available on the course website. There are 8 weeks of live classes in each quarter, with a lengthy break in between quarters. (I hope to see many of you at OCON during the break.) On the Memorial Day and Labor Day holidays, the Monday class will take place on Tuesday at the same time.

About Me
      You may find a copy of my bio at the Harry Binswanger Letter website.

Communication
      If you have questions about anything in the syllabus or about the course, please ask in the Class Forum. You may email me (prof.Binswanger@gmail.com) for non-administrative personal matters. For personal administrative issues (e.g., inability to log on, etc.), email university@aynrand.org.

I look forward to seeing you in class. As a reminder, we’ll begin on Monday, April 17, 9:00 – 10:15 am PT. The link to join the live classes is on the second tab in the course website.

Sincerely,
      Harry Binswanger

This message can also be viewed on the Announcement Forum of the course Objectivist Logic.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.